Mar 04, 2021, 07:23 PM

News:

Welcome to the OP.  We're now on Instagram!

+-Recent Topics

Scifi/Fantasy - Apocolypto by Ren
Mar 02, 2021, 07:25 PM

The Lord of All - New Release! by Ren
Feb 18, 2021, 07:09 PM

Fantasy - Modern Diaries. Draknor! by Ren
Feb 18, 2021, 07:06 PM

Opus Upgraded by Wanderer
Feb 10, 2021, 05:49 PM

Issues and problem reporting by Wanderer
Feb 09, 2021, 06:31 PM

Story/Post type finally! by Wanderer
Feb 09, 2021, 03:10 PM

Update alert. by Wanderer
Feb 09, 2021, 02:46 PM

Martha school: chapter 11 by Poison
Jan 27, 2021, 11:36 AM

Welcome to the Opus Path by Poison
Jan 20, 2021, 11:21 AM

Shameless Advertising! by Poison
Jan 02, 2021, 11:38 AM

Martha school: chapter 11

Started by Scribe_siren, Nov 15, 2019, 08:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ren

Ah, your speech to text thing would explain the rather a lot of grammatical anomalies in this chapter.  You need to go through and give it a good edit!

As for the SP, I say go for it.  Get in the car why not?  What's the worst that could happen?  :o
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Scribe_siren

Jan 14, 2021, 08:51 AM #31 Last Edit: Jan 14, 2021, 08:57 AM by Scribe_siren
Chapter 6

Hesitantly I shuffled to the car. Wondering why I am following my sister. It was just the two of us at the back and Harry at the front. A few cigarette butts were stamped out onto an empty coke can. I could smell the tobacco and see that Harry was licking on a white paper. He rolled up a bunch of leaf like contents into the paper.

Shoving the smoke into the corner of his mouth. He stepped onto the accelerator. The ride was a little bumpy. At least he stayed on the road, where it would be easy to jump out at any time. It was awkward and quiet. And the driver's mirror was pointed towards the two of us. or just looked like it.

I held onto my hands, twisting them left to right. I looked at the mirror and his eyes were looking sternly at the road in front of him. He had an open window, blowing a waft of smoke out of it. I spent the next 5 minutes in silence looking through a dirty window.

A few towering buildings passed by and as each minute went by, the buildings started get smaller.   

Harry cleared his throat, "Almost there."

Claire replied immediately, "Where are we going?"

"Close to the Urban area, there is something you guys must see. It might be hard, but you'll get used to it."

The car slid into a parking spot, run by a parking meter. Harry was first to stride out. He opened the door for Claire. I was rather afraid what their relationship was sitting at.  Twenty-Three Age difference.

Following slowly, I pulled Claire toward me and asked in a whisper, "You're not dating him ?"

Claire smiled and put a hand onto her face. I was speechless because, I thought that the expression on her face right now meant that it is going somewhere. I tried to whisper; however, I couldn't hide the fact, "He is too old for you..."

Claire granted, "You speaking on a bullhorn? I am not dating him. He is just a good friend."

That was a relief, I start speaking at a normal volume, "Okay."

We came to stop at a monument.  Close to a library and across from the library there were a small alleyway, a bunch of shops seemed to have settled in this area. Harry waved his hand for us to follow him. This is getting confusing. 

The market was buzzing with noise. The small market seemed to give space to Harry as he walked. look like they all met him. I was clinging to Claire's hand. Holding her close to me. "This place is starting to freak me out. I'm going to get in so much trouble when I'm back."           

Harry brushed his black hair back and wiped some sweat from his bushy brow.  He looked even more stressed than we did. And in a moment of thought, he stopped with his hand raised at a door. A door which had no number, looked old vintage, and run down.
He hammered, knuckles first, he turned to look and said, "This is my Aunts shop. She will be able to back me up with whatever..."

I spoke in haste before the door will open, "So you told me that you know my father, and now you have an aunt that knows more than us. This better be important."   

"oh, yeah just believe me." I could see a smile on his face for a moment when he looked at Claire and as he looked at me-- his smile disappeared. Seeing his expression towards me, "I know, I'm not the happiest person right now. I have had the worst day and the worst night. I've even been in trouble for most of the day—"

A wrenching cough came from behind me, the door had apparently opened behind me as I was blabbering on how bad my life is now.         

The lady who opened the door had the same eyes as Harry. Her hair was a silver white. she excitedly screamed out, "Harry! my darling!" and she grabbed his hand and pulled him inside and shoved him toward a chair. She then looked at the two of us and kindly waved her hand.   

She looked at the two of us from close. he started smiling a wide grin, Teeth just as white as her hair.  "You have your father's eyes." and she looked at me, "You miss him, do you not?" 

"My stepfather? –"

Harry's aunt chipped in and said," Yes and your father—father."

I had thought that Harry meant just my stepfather, but now I knew he was talking about my dad. A dad I lost and a dad I have gained. The ones genes that run through me. Blood that not many people have. And a father that is always too busy.         

"I'm Christine, you can call me—Aunt" she smiled and ushered us to the left-over chairs. A rough cloaked chair and a wooden chair. I moved the cloth around for some comfort. Whilst Claire wiggled around on the wooden chair.

I took a breather and immediately spoke to get answers. "Do you know why our dad sent us here."

"There has been quite some trouble in the school, Martha's school. I hate to say this, but he put you here for bait."

I swallowed a lump trying to process, "I, am Bait? Bait for what?"

"There's been a multitude of drugs and we cannot find the ringleader. I'm not a police officer anymore, but I've been informing all I know and all I've seen. most know me here in this little town. and I did not want you guys to know that you were bait. it's a lot to take in. but .... I think your dad does not care that he is putting us all in danger."

Harry's Aunt spoke, "that's probably half of the story, the other half has to be completed by your dad." she took a swig off a cigarette, "The whole story started with a death of a girl."

"--And what does this girl have to do with us?" Claire blurted out, "We don't know any person who's died in our family."

aunt dug small paper out of a folder, flipped a few times and placed the paper on the table in the center of the room. I stood up cleaning my backside from sand. I leaned in closer and read out loud, "Clara Malka...."

"Is this the girl who died?"   

Harry looked at me, "I think she haunts the school, she was my cousin. a very older cousin." He stood agape and said, "Yes, I am Harry Truthworth, but my cousin gave her life for something."

On the floor, he pulled a book from a bag and said, "I stole this, I told them I lost the evidence. That's how I lost my job..."  he looked to the roof and held tears in, "I have to find the guy who did this..."   

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Ren,
No reactions
No reactions

Ren

Okay!  That was a much more fluent chapter!  Nice one.  ;D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Scribe_siren,
No reactions
No reactions

Scribe_siren

Jan 14, 2021, 04:51 PM #33 Last Edit: Jan 14, 2021, 06:06 PM by Scribe_siren
Thank you for reading. I am keeping the thought in to edit as I use dictate. I am so excited to get this book somewhere. I can hammer out 3000 words each chapter. But not wanting to loose readers either. I am fueled with ideas and songs that turn a single thinker into a Tank! :D
Any and all ideas will be thanked for.

After writing this piece, I shoved in a few names I just went from the top of my head. since I did not really have a name for their stepfather. So tada! Gots a name.

CHAPTER 7

coin1 by Christelle vanderwesthuizen, on Flickr

He ruffled the book out of the plastic bag, it was tightly knotted and wrapped in another bag that seemed to have been bleached by the sun.

"May I?" I could see Harry's hands was shaking a little and I put some comfort onto what seemed to be a very emotional thing going on, hands onto his.

Claire looked at me in a kindly manner, head tilted. She knew I could calm almost the toughest beast around. However, I could see his pain, "I know what it is like to lose someone. Specially if they do not show any love back to you."

Harry looked from the corner of his eye, but his aunt folded her arms. I held my other hand in the air and expected to see the book with my own eyes, the feeling of what it was.

Harry turned the book and shoved it under his armpit, "It hurts to know the last thing that happens, is when you have gotten onto the wrong foot. I have not looked at any of this book's inside contents in years. I just cannot stand this feeling of empty love, due to a fight."

Claire sincerely said, "The least we can do is help you! Both of you!" she stood up, "Clara would not have wanted her life to be in vain. The life she gave, had a reason to have been picked by the hand of God."

The challenge now was that Christine did not look like she would want others to touch the book. I bent down to the newspaper clipping and noted the words. "Nearby shop..." My breath was shot form my chest, I looked at Christine, "It's your shop's book, is that why? Why you are hiding this book, the reason Harry is trying to save your business?"

Harry's Aunt slumped to the kitchen sink and looked up to her cabinet. "not my business... my life." One book was missing in the cabinet. "I feel so responsible, she wanted the book so badly. A rare book, almost worth a house. I gave it on her birthday. And she loved it."

Touching the glass casing, she breathed hot air onto it and drew a small heart, "She wanted to be a botanist for plants and that was her dream. To be someone... Like me."
Aunt pulled the shutters open and looked to her backyard. A backyard which was destroyed by junk and dead plants. "I haven't touched plants since her death. Why would she want to be me?" She prodded at a dream catcher dangling on the bars at the window.

Harry put his hand onto his Aunt's shoulder, patting it to say that it was not her fault.  He looked at Claire, "She still thinks the price of the book was the reason she died. It is not you!" he touched his Aunt's cheek and squeezed a hug into the conversation. "Clara is not your fault. I should have known she had a reason to not sell the book but to use it."

Harry's aunt in kindness touched Harry's collar and revealed a tiny coin hanging on a rose gold chain, the chain had a very funny logo that looked like a candle. "You are still wearing this. It brings hope." As warm as her gaze were, she turned to look at me, "Now you are a part of this challenge." 

She looked at Claire, "And for you, there's a whole different road. God gave a reason, for you two have met each-other." She smiled, "Such a sweet girl in such an awful school. And the sister who is strong in this world just for you."

I laughed a little behind my hand, in truth, thinking that she was trying to sound like an aura. I cleared my thoughts, "Where do we start? If I cannot see the book."

Claire tilted her head to me as she saw Harry putting the book back into the bag. This bag had no handles, it was a shoulder throw. "Can we have some tea?" Claire kindly asked Aunt.

Claire stood up, looked into Harry's eyes, I saw her hands at her sides and one of her fingers were pointing to the bag.

I shook my head and turned my scarf around into a noose form. The book was too big to shove into a dress that had very tiny pockets. Harry noticed me pulling at my scarf and rushed back to the bag. He shoved a brick into the bag, dragged the book out and gave it to me. I shoved it behind my back on the dusty sofa.

The Aunt came back and smiled at Harry with a tray filled with tea. Seeing him lock the bag in a lock-tight-safe, trying to hide the fact I was sitting on it. I sat in a straight posture and nodded as Aunt gave me a cup of tea and a biscuit with it. "Thank you." I grabbed a few of the biscuits and felt so much better, having something in my stomach. I moaned at the taste, "You make this?" I spoke without finished eating.

The Aunt smiled at me; her expression was something I have not seen in a while. A motherly feeling. I swallowed the tea and I almost went back to my time with my Dad. The Dad I lost....

I was only eight years old and I was slumped over my father's death bed. Holding onto a cup of green tea, my tears was absent and so was my sister Claire...

I did not know what death was like and my hope of all things were—That he will battle this. He was strong. And so, I had to be strong too. I heard voices crossing each other in the ajar door, close to the hallway.

"He is ill Norman, He has to know, these few years. He was so trusting of you. To take care of us. A police officer needs to tell another." It was my mother's voice.

Looking through the gap at the door, I saw my mother lying on the floor. Like she had been slapped. I could not tell why she was there. However, she was crying, the weeping sound resonating with my sore heart... Her sadness echoed through the main hall.

My mother pushed herself up from the floor and opened the door after she saw my blue eyes filled with fear, a mirror looked back at me, moms eyes were fearful too. She clutched my hand and said, "You will be okay. We all will. Dad's going to take care of us."

Presently thinking of my real dad, it was probably his money that helped us. I did not want to know what happened there. My mom's eyes shown in Christine's gaze. Just as she had them for a moment, looking at me.

And now I had to find the trust and truth of all. All, meaning Harry's story and my Dads. Somehow Drug-ringleaders had a part of this. There was a string of proof to what was in the book I was hiding.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Poison,
No reactions
No reactions

Poison

That was quite moving near the end in that last chapter.

And good grief!  I turn my back for two minutes and you write half a book. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted like:
Scribe_siren,
No reactions
No reactions
New writer.  Be gentle!

Scribe_siren

Ah so glad you were able to stay with the book. And I am going for a book. So Thank you for reading.

I'm aiming for a chapter a day. So far we got 1 good vote. Lets get this story going. Even if you picked different from someone else. I can use both ideas and kindly put them into place for the story book. I am aiming to get this done by July for lulu.

And well, the book - once published-- will be sent to those who helped. 

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Scribe_siren

Jan 15, 2021, 09:10 AM #36 Last Edit: Jan 15, 2021, 12:48 PM by Scribe_siren
Chapter 8

I did not know how to get this book out of the house, behind me I saw an open barred window, a little gap. I pushed up with the blanket in my hands, hiding the book in the bundle. "Oh, look!" I pretended to see something, leaned over, and slid the book out the window. Hoping Aunt was not going to look outside, "Oh! Nevermind. Thought I could see a cat."

All that was outside was a brick wall and a few stairs leading down and away. I turned and thanked both Harry and Christine. Scooted to the sofa and recovered it with the mothy-fabric. Grabbed Claire's hand, flicking my eyes to the side to let her know, "Time to go."

Harry moved in our shadow, his hand on our shoulders. I went down the side of Christine's shop and grabbed the plastic covered book. Hiding underneath the mantle of the window. I could see that Christine had taken her time to look outside. With luck, she did not see me.

She turned away and I dashed off with the book. In my haste I had lost sight of Claire and Harry. Thinking they had went down the stairs which lead into an opening.

I could see in the distance, a rather large graveyard to the north. Turning twice in the sidewalk, without moving from my spot. Hoping to see Claire and Harry.

I clenched the book and felt dumb for leaving their side. And even more that they did not wait for me. "Claire! Harry!" I screamed, "Hey!"

After taking my time down the busy streets. A row of young men following a South African flag caught my attention. I rushed toward the multicolored flag, to glance, I turned my head around a cement pillar. I clung to the book in my hands and followed from a distance.

A large banner stood over the arch of the entrance: 2013. It was an exhibition for studying in a college. Multiple tables with different university names on large glossy canvases. A lady at the door greeted me, "Greetings, may I take your package form you?"

"Ur no! Sorry."

"Nobody is allowed in—without having the package checked by security."

I stepped back and turned around. Suddenly a rather interesting voice spoke to the lady and I turned back. He was a rather tall guy; his crown touched the arch, and his eyes were chocolate brown. His hair was cut with a number one razer. He looked to be helping me get in.  "Let this poor girl in, I'm sure no girl would be a terrorist."

"I'm taking no chance." She grabbed the package from my hand and tore it open.  "Its just some stupid book!"

I ripped the book back from this lady's hands and made sure she and I did not tear anything in haste. I bent down to pick up the plastic bag and as I got up, I rudely pushed her with my elbow. Walking in, the guy who was the spectator of this scene said, "Sorry for her rudeness."

I asked, "Do you work here?" and I moved my bangs from my eyes, "Thanks for getting me in. I was simply curious."

"I am Jaquez. I'm just a student from BlackRock." He smiled at me and asked my name.
I replied quickly with my name. And we strolled past a few tables and it seemed that the group of boys who were following the flag. Had been watching the two of us.

A large man carrying the flag came up to us. A bass voice spoke to Jaquez, "You still want to study!"

"Yes, sur." He dug around his pocket and passed a paper over to me. A card that had a doctor's name on it. I turned the card around to see another number written by hand.

"Those your friends?" He pointed to Harry and Claire. And he continued to follow the Flag, "Bye, I have to go. Sorry about the lady. Have fun." 

I closed my eyes and tried expelling all the stress, I released a calm breath, "Yes!" I turned to look at Harry and held the book in my uplifted hand. "I'm, So, Sorry."

Harry replied, "We saw her tear the book open." He strode up to me and then looked at the lady at the door, "You must be ashamed of yourself."

She huffed at Harry, turned around and went disappearing in the crowd of last-year students. Like she did a favor for the world.

Claire grabbed the card from my hand, almost causing me to drop the book and as her eyes flicked past the number, she looked at me and smiled. "He's got a thing for you."

"Agh, don't be annoying. I just met him."  I took the card back, "Apparently he's from BlackRock."

Claire lighted up, "Like the portrait, on the wall, close to Miss W class" 

"Yeah, he even has the same haircut." Turning the book around in my hand, the cover had large details of Flowers on it, sculpted out of clay, "Who's the author?"

"Books like that don't have an author. The name of the author sort of disappeared after a while. At a time, it had not belonged to my aunt."

Pushing my back against the wall outside of the event. I opened the cover, to the first page. Its acknowledgments said: To the one who reads, may this book guide you.

It was signed with Calligraphy, a CRCW ending in a curl. "Do you know who CRCW is?"

The Sky was starting to darken, so that meant I had to get home. I looked at the card in my hand. I turned to Harry and said, "Maybe BlackRock knows. They must have a clue there."

Harry had a very faint smile on his lips, combed his fingers through his hair, "I haven't been there in a long time. for I know the person did this to my cousin is not there."

He quietly shut the cover of the book and gave a small nod. "To Black Rock then. "

His body expression seemed tense for a moment. He started twiddling with the coin around his neck. and noticing it I said, "Is that of great importance, of course it is, but -- is this yours. That little item in your hand." 

"My uncle, Gotha, calls it hope. He's much-like my aunt, collectors of strange objects, items and priceless oddities." He hid the coin back under his shirt. "This coin is the only thing that keeps me sane."

He seemed to have changed the subject on the coin's location it was from.

"Let us get cracking on the journey." And I pointed toward the graveyard, "I'm guessing they are past that graveyard. BlackRock."

"Yes, they are." Harry let out a sigh. He turned around and we started tailing him through a shortcut to the car. An alleyway leading up, cut through roads that seemed to be less busy than the shop sections.

After getting into the little scuffed up car, belonging to Harry. We sat at the same positions we did when we first arrived. The car started up again, a low rumbling noise.

I then thought for a moment, "If most of the college boys are here, then we will be sitting with younger students in the school. Maybe there is an elder somewhere in the school."

Harry let out a laugh, "I am sure there is no one who is too old in that school. I used to be a student there, after Clara's death, the schools split into two."

"Your head is then wrapped around the whole guide of BlackRock." I leaned in from the backseat and put my head on the headrest passenger side. "How long this going to take. I'm just asking, not that I want to go back to the school."

I flipped open the book in my hands, carefully trying to move each page. It was dainty pages, it felt much like silk in my fingers. The book had different type of plant category and I spent the awfully long road, paging and staring at the book.

The sun was going down like it should because, time cannot go backwards.

After the road curved like a snake. I could see a courtyard of the school a few miles away. It was densely hidden in a populated forest.

As the car came to stop close to a garage, "We are here ." Harry pulled up the break and pulled out the keys of the car.

"This your place?" Claire eyeballed the building, "You live close to Black Rock?" It was an off-white building with a patio and a balcony. It looked small from the outside.

"I'm sort of the security for both schools. or I hope so. I use the job as a taxi driver just to get some extra cash. It has been weeks since I made a visit at the BlackRock school." 

He breathed from the corner of his mouth, like he was not very proud of having this place. "Yeah, this is my home. I'm going to have to call someone, make an excuse, for the two of you."   

He hammered at a box in the car. Seeing a red light flickering on and off -- which went from 60 bucks to nothing. He was Clearing a certain price for driving us.

"I'll drive you guys for free. Whenever, wherever. The price does not matter, as long as you help me."

I placed my feet outside and as I lost my footing, the keys I found in the Bus fell out of my pocket. I grabbed it as quick as I could and shoved it into my bra. I could not believe that this key did not fall out earlier.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ren

Wow, you're really pushing this one out!  Keep going.   ;D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Scribe_siren

Jan 16, 2021, 01:53 PM #38 Last Edit: Jan 17, 2021, 03:11 PM by Scribe_siren
Chapter 9 : The Interior.

As kind as Harry was, he opened the wooden front door that was decorated in multiple carved out pictures and it seemed that it had been scratched on in the same spot. An animal of sorts. No cat could do that. 

The door was like it was made for a female. The front entrance of the house had stairs leading 2 flights up. The ground floor that we were at, existed just of the kitchen and dining table. The dining table had tiles placed next to each other. A resin coated artwork. 

There was a small TV on top of the fridge. I was trying to keep me from drooling. I have not had a particularly good breakfast for the past two days. And I was relieved when I went to straight to the kitchen.  Stomach leading me to the silver fridge.

Harry said to the two of us," Make yourself at home." He bent down to a cabinet and removed bread and eggs inside a pan. It was like he use to eat these things daily. Having them together. I took a glance at the cabinet to see the one side was instant food and easy stuff to cook. The other side had pots and pans.

I started prodding at the gas stove's knobs. A waft went up as I tried lighting up the stove. "Even though I don't eat eggs. Anything will be good!" Looking behind me, I was talking to no one.  Claire was not behind me anymore.  impatiently I did not wait for the eggs to fully cook. I shoved them onto the bread and made a sandwich out of two slices.

Not a care in the world I shoved the bread inside my mouth. Turning the stove off.  And went through the back door. Harry's garden was rather green, but strange enough it looked like it was on a second floor. it was supported by wooden beams. A small pond in the corner. You could see the road and his neighbor's yard.

Harry and Claire had been seated on plastic chairs. A drink clutched in their hands. I started my way to them and suddenly hearing on low rumble, a sweet growl.

I noticed a Pug wagging his tail. Chained to a dog house, poor thing was looking at what I was eating. "Oh! Shame!" I held my hand out and stroked the dog's pelt. The little black dog turned kindly over on his back and passed his paws over his eyes.

A momentarily thought went through my head... Hoping that Claire was not drinking alcohol...

I was seven years old; it was a year before my dad died. He seemed to have been drinking quite a lot. I could see from a small distance, that something happened. I could not ask because I would not have understood. he had been looking at a picture however I could not see the picture because I was standing in front of him.

It was kind of black and white at the photo side I was looking at. Something I was not use to. Since photos were in color these years. I was born 1998 and Claire was 1997

His eyes kept looking at the picture, holding it to the light. looking like he's trying to see something that is not there. He was starting to lose his mind through few days. And his drinking was getting worse.

My sister Claire hobbled towards me; her ankle sprained. she and I had recently played outside and as a joke we tried to see if we could fly. We had been standing on a wall not knowing how stupid we were. We had a few friends who was present, but when Claire got injured, they bolted. Especially after hearing a loud crash inside the kitchen.

My dad had pulled out Brandy and broke a few whiskey bottles whilst trying to pull on it.  Our only jackrussle had gotten in the way of our Dad and as he tried pulling the bottle out. The dog got under his feet. Seemingly enough had a huge kick to him. 

Claire took me by my hand and led me back to our room. That night we stayed next to each other.

That night at Harry's apartment, I spent the night with Claire staring out into the most open sky we have ever experienced. Could even see a satellite lightly flicking by northward. 

"It hasn't been that clear, the Sky in Netherlands seems to differ from this one."

I could see Harry looking through the curtains at the two of us. I pretended not to see him. Claire had been holding on to an off-white brownish drink. known as Brown cow. It was a mix between milk and a fizzy drink. Ending up in a brown foam-ish drink.     

The book had been sitting on my lap. I started paging through it. It existed of flowers all over the world. And a small bookmark was wedged into the page that had the words: Belladonna. I stood still at that page reading of how these plants grow near chalky areas and would cause insanity.

Like insanity, is like loosing your life, your way of thinking... When we turned in for the night. Harry prepared a foldup bed. Around midnight Me and Claire next to each other, like we use to as kids. I held back a tear, for this was the closest I have been to my sister in a long time.

My eyes went heavy as I took out the key from my bra, it was prodding me. I clutched the key and moved it under my head. I slept knowing that I did not have to wake up to Aesley probably screaming at me for any reason.

Chapter 10: Spinning faith

A building was burning, it looked to be Martha's school. A huge burning fire. Outstanding lights came from the burning door, like it was calling me. I could hear people scream. I had to get there, had to save them and for once I did not feel fear. I could see my shadow changing into what looked like talons. It did shove me towards the opening door. I could see souls of people reaching out to me. a voice said, "midnight..."

A shroud of darkness enveloped all my sight. I woke up in a sweat. Claire close to me, still sleeping. Which brought some relief. I moved my hand and noticed I made a mark of the key on my cheek. I crawled out of the bed toward the fridge and investigated the silver, like a mirror. I noticed the pattern on my cheek. It had a form of a snake. I had not noticed it before, due to being rushed. I could hear Harry clearing his throat. And he saw me with the key dangling in my hand and me trying to hide the pattern on my face.

His eyes were no longer blue, it scared me that his eyes were that of a hazel, so hazel it was almost orange. I froze, closed my eyes, shook my head, and looked again. He slid from his chair and took hold of my cheek. "That is interesting..."

I pulled away and spoke, "What is wrong with your eyes?" I whispered in silence to not scare my sister awake. I darted my eyes to Claire and then back at him. He grabbed me by my hand and shoved me into the kitchen closet, both of us were in the little room. And he spoke, his voice sounded like a female, I almost laughed when he said, "Please, I don't mean harm. I cannot explain now. Even my Aunt does not know. It happened from many family trees ago."

He continued with the feminine possessive voice, "I know I can trust you! You must know I mean no harm, since I did not harm you guys at all."

I breathed and exited the closet to get away from this rather bizarre chat. This had to be another dream. However it felt so real when seeing Claire standing there with tears in her eyes. She turned around and dashed off. Thinking we were being naughty.

Dashing after her, she stood still at the outside pond, released her stress and looked, knees bent at the pond. "How come?"

"How come what?" I folded my arms.

"You always get what you want... and me? I get the ugly end of everything." My sister's voice was covered under her hands, "How could you?"

"Claire, I was not doing anything to him..." And with the strength of my body, I felt like slapping Claire, for the first time in years.

"How can I trust you? NOW?" Claire wacked the water at her own reflection. Her eyes were pierced together in pain.

"I never got what I wanted!" I shouted and Harry pulled me back from Claire and spoke to her, "Look at me!"

She looked up and swallowed a lump of air, in shock seeing his eyes. Looking up to the sky for some clue to why his eyes were that shade, there was no moon, there was nothing that proved why he looked like he was now.

The world changed, a feeling of a whirlpool, and I could see my sister lying on her back in a graveyard with the name Clara.

A purple flower in her hands and multitude of people around the coffin. And her eyes shot open, a voice uttered from her lips, "Midnight... help..." and that did not sound like my sister's voice.

I woke up and pinched my arm. It was a dream within another, somehow Clara was trying to contact me... A huge relief, for such a dramatic dream. I knew that reading the book, brought me into a world I did not want to experience. Fear and danger for me and my sister. Because I could not trust just anyone, and that dream proved it.

Somehow this voice for "Midnight...." I mumbled as the key was in my hand but, did not seem to have any detail to it. Just a plain old key. Somehow the key in the dream had to point out danger.
Why would I have a dream about evil. A shadow passed by the kitchen door. It looked like Harry was walking around with a sharp orange light. "Oh!" I exclaimed to myself, that is where I got the orange and fire from probably.

The next morning, Saturday. I stretched out taking a huge breath, getting rid of knots in my neck. I greeted my sister with a smile. sadly, she turned away and kept on sleeping. I could smell fresh bread and the sizzling of bacon. I climbed out of the bed. Edged toward the kitchen table and said to Harry, "What were you doing last night with that light?"

I was rather relieved that he still had the beautiful blue eyes. He tossed bacon onto a plate, "Here in South Africa you get what is called Loadshedding. And all I could grab was a portable emergency light."

"Did you sort out the problem from the school?" I asked, hoping for some good news. "What you say."

He replied, "I have not called them,"

I yawned, "Why not?"

"I will need a very good excuse for both of you."

Morning had showed through the window as Claire and I ate breakfast at the four seated dinner table. I felt like a pig the way I was eating, but Harry did not seem to mind.  Harry had left a few Body towels at the base of the stairs. The bathroom was situated up to the second floor.

Relieved I had gone first into a very white marble bathroom. Washing my hair in frustration to get an annoyed feeling out of my head.
Wrapping the towel around me, I opened the door to see rather clean clothes sitting outside.
Claire had been waiting patiently, "I asked him if he had anything for us to wear." She tapped at the clothes. It looked feminine.

"Thank you." I grabbed the clothes and pulled Claire into the bathroom. To be with me. "You can shower, we can chat, like we did as kids."

Claire had a wide smile, "Thanks." She pointed out, "Think these were Clara's, unless he has a girlfriend."

"You ever ask him about that." I grinned bopping her nose, a small tap.

Harry hammered at the door and spoke head pressed to the wood, "Don't dilly dally." He stayed quiet and knocked three more times.

The sound of a bunch of items being picked up outside. Got me in a rush to get out of the bathroom. I hopped around to fit into the clothes Harry had kindly given. And I could see Harry looked despondent seeing me wear these items.

"Claire is still full of soap." I laughed, "She will be ready."

Okay guys need a idea on how to split the story between Claire and Annah.
And what shall happen when they get to the school?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ren

Nice.  There are still a few typos/grammar things, probably from your speech to text thingy.

I would say... A fire.  Like here dream, although not the whole school.  Just big enough to freak her out haha.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Scribe_siren

Jan 19, 2021, 09:34 PM #40 Last Edit: Jan 24, 2021, 02:23 PM by Scribe_siren
CHAPTER 11 Informed

I had to leave the book at Harry's house, feeling that it was more important to leave it in a safe and secure spot.

"You can sit at the passenger side." Harry opened the doors and we graciously joined him for the adventure.

The weather was a cold rainy day, my cuffs of my shirt was curled up, having it at a rather larger scale than my own body. But the jeans I was wearing fit snugly. Enough finger space for me to fit into them.

I breathed before I asked, "Who's clothes were these."

Sitting at the passenger side I dug around the cabio in the car for a pen. Kicking a few smoke buds to the side. My legs were stuffed between bags of fast food and even more so cramped with a shoulder bag Harry brought with. In the disjointed shape I was sitting was bothering my back.

Claire had sat behind me, with as much leg freedom she wanted. She was sitting cross-legged over the three seats.

"Sit right! And put your belt on!" Harry blurted, "It cost 300 ZAR each in the car!"

"ZAR?"

"Yes, South African currency!"

Writing with dark black ink pen I found in the cabio. I drew letters inside my palm: CRCW. Scrawling a copied signature like in the book. I had only had 4 hours to read the book last night. Most had markers in certain sections. Which made no sense.

I took a glance at Claire. Seeing if she listened to Harry. She however had the funny blockish phone with her. She seemed inseparable to that little black box. And still did not sit right. 

"Where did you steal that from—" Claire slapped my head hard through the gap of the headrest. Two metal prongs sticking out with a cushion at the top.

Harry shoved his foot to the break, causing Claire to drop off the seat and banging her head against a soft passenger seat, "So, you stole that?" Harry peered from over his shoulder. And continued driving. His eyes staring ahead to the road.

"I've got a huge headache." His lips looked dry, guessing the wine he had yesterday probably caused the pain in his temples. 

A guilty look went over Claire's face and then it softened into a kind warm look toward Harry. "Yeah, it was lying on the floor near a dressing room."

"Can I take a look." Harry let one of his hands from the steering wheel and took hold of the phone from Claire's hand.

Flipping the phone about, he turned right toward the woodsy area, right from off the road. "This is interesting, it looks to be marked with scratches. Were they there when you took it, Clara—Claire!?"

Claire nodded her head with a soft Yes, shrugged and gently took the phone back. We were waying in the car from the turns. The last turn in the woods tipped Harry's bag over.   

"It is interesting, to know how to use that phone. Did it come with instructions when you stole it?" I said to Claire

Claire grunted and replied, "I played with one as a kid." She twiddled the knob on the phone and the radio started buzzing into the signal. 

It repeated the name RADIO FM and songs followed from the stereo.

I laughed a little at the sarcastic joke, but immediately swallowed my pride and nodded to Claire, "You don't seize to amaze me." I turned my head to the song busy playing. 

Harry shoved his foot to the break and clutch. "BlackRock..."

The entrance did not have an intercom like Martha's school. Maybe it was more lenient. The sound in the distance of tiny twittering in the woods from insects.

One of the solitary buildings, far away from the current path upward looked like it had an aftermath of an earthquake.

Harry had taken the bag at my feet, slung over his left shoulder and said, "We got to split up soon. I will give you guys a map." He uttered, "I have unfinished business in this bag."   

"Why you bring that?" I wondered, "What's in that?"

He laughed, "This is now none of your business. Something I have to give to a friend."

Scuffing my feet along in a tired fashion, able to annoy anyone close by. My gaze was downward. The school had cemented floors at the entrance, not like Martha's which, had sand that would crawl into your shoes. There were no groups for sports outside, it looked dull and empty, no one were in the schoolgrounds. Maybe inside, would be more people.

In fear I heard a voice of a girl getting louder. I gulped air and hid to the wall, I knew it was Aesley. Harry seeing me ditch away to hide. Grabbed me by the hand and said, "Be brave."

I could see black booted shoes, then a dress in blue and then pink. Closed my eyes and immediately saw the scowling face of Aesley as I reopened my squint.

"There you are!" She exclaimed at my sister Claire. Turned to look at me and said, "What you are doing with her?"

Claire stood one step back and said, "She! Is my sister!"

"Worthless lair!" Aesley spat at me.

I pursed my lips and started, "What you doing at a guy's school! You gay? Or trans?"

"You promised me a card today!" Aesley screamed at me. Huffing form my comment she gripped her hands and released it. In a moment Aesley lunged at me.

In a split second I had pushed my leg out and Aesley fell forward, face planting the gravel. I could see her face turning red, she scrambled from the floor and pushed Claire out of the way.

Harry did nothing, he kept clinging to his precious bag, which had more importance than the fight that was going on.

I bolted into the school.

Harry however grabbed Claire by the collar as I started running, "There is only one exit there." He tapped her at the shoulder, "She will be fine, I know that girl!" he continued, "If they see her in the school, she will be kicked for trespassing."

The closest entrance I could get. It led up three flights and Aesley was behind me.

A heavy breath was in my lungs as I was sliding and skidding around corners, "Oh my!"

I pushed an abandoned janitor trolly over and Aesley grabbed a broom with a huge jump over the trash I made, annoyingly enough she started to bump me at my feet. I was about ten centimeters away from the broom. Trying to keep the distance.

In an instant action, I turned stepped onto the end of the brushy broom. Grabbed the stick and swung it around with a scowl, me feeling like hitting her into the next generation. 

"Stay away!" I screamed

Then a loud deep voice hollered, "That's it! You! Yeah you!" A rather fat man pointed to me, "You trying to hurt her." He had short cut hair and black clothes on with the Black Rock logo and the words, "Events manager."

My voice was gone as I did not know how to react. Since I was the one with the broom in my hand, pointed to Aesley.

Aesley folded her hands in a proud manner. She wanted this. The rather large overweight teacher seemed familiar. He had a flag tucked under his armpit. "You! To solitary! I mean detention."

Aesley laughed and whispered, "Should have been solitary."

I wondered what solitary was, "Solitary?" but pointed out, "I'm not part of this school."

"But you're the girl who went missing with her sister, are you not?"

Lowering my eyes, "Yeah..." Looking back up a group of rather tall boys arrived behind the teacher. He pointed the boys to the classroom next to me. Which seemed to have had a few students in already. Their heads leaning to see what was going on.

A tall guy, it was Jacques. He came walking out of the class toward the teacher, "Mr. Smith. The kid was being chased by that girl there." He pointed to Aesley and tapped his hand on my shoulder for me to relax.

I dropped the broom and released the tension from my shoulders.

"Jacques, you cannot stand up for every girl you meet. "

Jacques replied in haste to save my butt, "She was being chased with a broom by Aesley. This girl just wants to get her into trouble. The story has not been told from both ends. She must have a reason to be here, if she is not --at her own school."

This young guy was meant for politics. I breathed in and said, "You're the one who helped me with the book, right Jacques?."

Mr. Smith grunted, "What book!?" His eyes looked like it saw a ghost after mentioning a book. "I collect books! Specialty Biology."

After storming through the school was over. Mr. Smith pulled me into the last year schoolboy's classroom. It was a biology class. And it seemed I had gotten a pass on running and almost trying to smack Aesley with the broom.

Mr. Smith had been scribbling on the blackboard. Explaining that a fire has a triangle effect. And that a certain salt can turn blue from a flame. He had been drawing figures and pictures of how fires can be useful.

I was shoved to the back of the class. In a shamefull lonely standing position, between two rows of desks. These desks seemed to be shared by two people. No annoying flags or wooden enclosed areas.

Jacques had been glancing at me occasionally. Which made me even more embarrassed, being around older students. They were backing me up, with Jacques story the guys seemed to be rather happy to see a girl in the boy's school.

Mr. Smith had lit a Bunsen burner, turning a liquid around over the little flame. It seemed like he was doing his own thing. Often teachers would say something when doing a project.

The students were doing their own thing, seemed like they had a day off. Some were doodling planes and notes in their ledgers. One by one the groups came in and left.

After my feet started hurting, I was relieved that the bell went off. It was a large bell being rung around the halls by hand. A rusted old bell with the number 1940.

The boy's started putting their books away into their bags. Which funnily enough looked like the bag Harry had brought with. The important bag for a friend. I was about to follow Jacques but was grabbed by my wrist. Mr. Smith said, "I need to talk to you." and he turned my hand upside down, his eyes turned guilty-like away.

I could feel his gaze, something meant to him. My eyes darted to him and then to the CRCW. His eyes looked blank and he immediately rushed out of the classroom.

I was walking toward the door when it shut. And a bunch of keys were rustling around. Mr Smith locked me inside. I hammered at the door for a while. I could hear Aesley's voice at the other side of the door, "HAHA!" Her laugh trailed off.

He locked me inside. I looked around for a way out. Each window was locked. Except a room which led to multiple boxes. Mysterious boxes with the same color.

Whilst I was in the storage, I might aswell look at the books Mr. Smith collected. I might look around, till the next bell, maybe then they would open the door. I could see a clock on the far wall. 11 am.

Large rows of boxes stood around the sides of the rather small packrat room.

A large white box, one of the only white ones was rather intriguing.   Creative Relative Counting Works

Turning my wrist to myself, looking at the text which was smudged a bit from Mr. Smith looking at it. I uttered to myself: CRCW!!

I grabbed the box in haste, a heavy contained item was in here.  I shoved it on and over the center of the table.

Hearing a faint sound of a glass cracking. I kept on trying to dig through the box of files. When I got to the third letter of the alphabet. I dug out the name Clara Malka.

A sudden heaviness was in my lungs. Looking over the box, I had smashed the glass vial Mr Smith left on the table. Even worse I dropped the lit Bunsen burner. 

A small fire started at the curtains. Pulling off my shirt, thinking if the only thing was not stained in the flammable liquid. I tried stamping out the fire. It only grew worse. Screaming help out loud, my heart raced.

In a rush I started hammering on the door. I did not want the school to burn down. A faded spot where a extinguisher should be, was replaced with just a hook with "incase of fire"

There was no emergency exit, no fire extinguisher. Nothing I could do. The smoke started to turn dark. My teared up eyes looked at the blackboard, "Fire cannot burn without oxygen."

Ripping a towel off the teachers table before the fire got to it. I threw it over my head. Covering Clara's folder I had in my hand and my mouth from the smoke inhalation. What flammable thing was this teacher going for.

I cringed my eyes from the smoke, I could not see much from my hurting eyes. Pulling at a few chairs from their positions. Throwing feebly with what I thought was great force. Throwing it at windows. "Bullet proof?"

Pulling the towel over my head around at times. My body starting to get weak. I was the only one who needed oxygen. This fire was Mr. Smith's fault. If he hadn't locked me inside the class with this fire...

A sore, burning feeling went into my lungs and I started screaming till my voice went hoarse, ramming my back into the door with my legs bent for some more force.

The fire was at the other side of the room. Like it was not going to come anywhere closer to me. Something was protecting me as I sat in fetal position.

I sat curled to the door with the file in my hand and the towel over my mouth.

Finally, I heard the door move. I tipped over from it being ripped open and got lifted from the floor.

I clung to the person picking me up. I could only see shadows and things passing my vision. And knew I was out. I clung to the file and felt it slip from my fingers.

Relaxing from the stress I had taken. I felt a cold wet item being put over my eyes and a rocking of someone running with me in their rather strong arms.   
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Poison

I'm caught up again.  Have to say the last chapter was rather choppy, with quite a few spelling and misc errors in, made it a bit hard to read.

I like you did Ren's fire idea, but how did it start? 

Still, happy that someone is managing to write.  (He says being so overdue on his own writing)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
New writer.  Be gentle!

Scribe_siren

Hi there. If you could point out where the choppyness sits that be great. I'm trying to edit and add as I can. Any and all comments accepted. Even brutal honest ones.
I actaully was not 100 percent happy with chap 10 and 11... I think my head got choppy. Not the chapter.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ren

I can't speak for what areas Poi was talking about, but just take this one para for example...

A sudden heaviness was in my lungs. Looking over the box, I had smashed the glass vail. Even worse a small fire started at the curtains.

First, vial is spelled wrong. 

Also yes, the fire starting is a bit non-intuitive.  I'm assuming that when she smashed the vial, then the liquid spilled and caught fire, but I had to read it several times to get that.  I also assume the curtains were nearby?  Although curtains in a lab?  Mmmm. A bit of health and safety issues there I think.  And why did he not turn off the bunsen burner? 

And...

Pulling off my shirt I tried stamping out the fire. It only grew worse.

It seems odd that the first thing she thinks to do in  fire is to strip off.  :o  ;D  ;)  I'm assuming the idea is to use it to beat out the fire. Although then she stamps on the fire, so er...

However, again H&S hat on here, shouldn't there be fire extinguishers?  Even back in my day, and we're talking a few years ago now ahem, there were safety precautions. 

Also...

...worse. Screaming.

The word screaming here on its own. I can't make up my mind whether I like it or not.  In one sense I do, in another it's a bit... abstract.  Mmm.

Oh, and you spelled 'crackling' (I'm assuming that was what you meant) as 'cracking' in the previous sentence.

Phew.  :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Scribe_siren

Thank you Cren, I edited the chapter 11. I fixed the weird things that did not make sense to me either. :D
Hope you get a brighter look to why harry brought the bag and why the fire started and using her shirt. Since it was the only item that didn't have flammable liquid on it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions