Jul 09, 2020, 09:46 am

News:

Welcome to the OP.  We're now on Instagram!

+-Recent Topics

Fantasy - Modern Diaries. Draknor! by Poison
Jul 08, 2020, 07:56 pm

Mojeys by Ren
Jul 08, 2020, 03:43 pm

Drawing 5 minute videos-- start voting by Ren
Jul 04, 2020, 08:29 am

Scifi/Fantasy - The Other One by Ren
Jun 22, 2020, 06:35 pm

Welcome to the Hollow by Wanderer
Jun 18, 2020, 01:16 pm

Scifi/Fantasy - Apocolypto by Ren
Jun 16, 2020, 08:44 am

OP is now on Insta! by Wanderer
Jun 08, 2020, 04:54 pm

Youtube and animation by Poison
Jun 03, 2020, 04:08 pm

Sci-fi/Fantasy - Walkabout - Chapter 5 - Command. by Ren
May 30, 2020, 10:19 am

Flicker_Monster_book_creating by Wanderer
May 23, 2020, 11:39 am

The Magicians (Scify/Amazon Prime)

Started by Ren, Mar 21, 2020, 04:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The first post content
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCMMNUAYoNE

I've just finished binge watching the first four seasons of The Magicians, and I'm going to give it a fairly large thumbs up!

Um.  No thumbs up smiley.  Well, I would if we had a thumbs up Smiley.  I've sure the Wanderer will plant a new smiley icon soon.

Anyway, after a bit of a slowish start, it moved into gear from around season two onwards.  The characters are a well rounded bunch, with each of them having various endearing, or not, qualities.

Anyway, the various plot lines intertwine pretty well, and the whole fucked up place of Fillary brought me many moments of mirth. 

There were some moments though, when I found myself screaming at the screen when they were obviously walking into a trap or some such.  Still, the show can survive these, if you just take a deep breath and count to ten.

The odd musical numbers that are interjected here and there also, somehow, manage to work well.

Now I'm just waiting for the (final) season, season 5, to arrive on Prime.

Ren Rating: An excellent choice for a binge bonanza. At least 7 stars. (Out of 10)  (Mmm, we need a star icon too.)

Link

Ren

Mar 21, 2020, 04:05 pm Last Edit: Mar 21, 2020, 04:10 pm by Ren
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCMMNUAYoNE

I've just finished binge watching the first four seasons of The Magicians, and I'm going to give it a fairly large thumbs up!

Um.  No thumbs up smiley.  Well, I would if we had a thumbs up Smiley.  I've sure the Wanderer will plant a new smiley icon soon.

Anyway, after a bit of a slowish start, it moved into gear from around season two onwards.  The characters are a well rounded bunch, with each of them having various endearing, or not, qualities.

Anyway, the various plot lines intertwine pretty well, and the whole fucked up place of Fillary brought me many moments of mirth. 

There were some moments though, when I found myself screaming at the screen when they were obviously walking into a trap or some such.  Still, the show can survive these, if you just take a deep breath and count to ten.

The odd musical numbers that are interjected here and there also, somehow, manage to work well.

Now I'm just waiting for the (final) season, season 5, to arrive on Prime.

Ren Rating: An excellent choice for a binge bonanza. At least 7 stars. (Out of 10)  (Mmm, we need a star icon too.)

Poison

I'm on season three now, and I full agree with the Ren.  Enjoying it a lot.
New writer.  Be gentle!